Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

August 18, 2006

Monsoons, Construction and Grass




The rain just falls and falls, bringing humidity, which makes our evaporative cooler useless in the middle of the day. The rain brings erosion troubles to much of Rio Rancho, and flooding to many areas in New Mexico. Next will arrive the mosquitos, followed by hordes of billowing free flying tumbleweeds that have been growing like crazy. The mesas, mountains and prairies are rolling with green and it's so beautiful, but I often wonder what has happened to my dry dusty unique New Mexico.
I feel like I brought humid, hot, buggy South Carolina with me. We have real grass growing where we have never planted grass before. Our rabbits and guinea pigs are loving the daily plucks from our yard just for them to munch.

My kidlets run outside as soon as the rain lifts, just so they can spend hours in the little swimming pool created by the rain in our backyard, and then develop water channels, ditches, bridges, acequias, and flood control procedures for their little sand villages from the water that remains for the few hours after each storm.