Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

October 14, 2006

Antoine Predock

Antoine Predock

Architecture

Quote by Antoine Predock:

"New Mexico has formed my experience in an all-pervasive sense. I don't think of New Mexico as a region. I think of it as a force that has entered my system, a force that is composed of many things. Here, one is aimed toward the sky and at the same time remains rooted in the earth with a geological and cultural past. The lessons I've learned here about responding to the forces of a place can be implemented anywhere. I don't have to invent a new methodology for new contexts. It is as if New Mexico has already prepared me.

In Australian Aboriginal dream time, songlines traverse the land and describe the geography in a way that is totally rational and yet mystically poetic. Similarly, the elemental power of this place is inescapable."

Truly inspirational and so very true!

No comments: