Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

February 06, 2007

Pirate Preparations

Jax and Jem requested a Pirate Party with their friends this year. They are very hyped about their choice of theme and all the details of the party.
I have to admit I'm getting excited, too. We all just can't get enough of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and are anxiously awaiting the 3rd movie due out this summer.
I especially enjoy helping to make possible even small desires of my children. With extra time and work I hope to make it what they dream for. Here are some photos taken of our Pirate Party Preparations.

We are planning on having the fun of digging for gold nuggets to add to our pirate guests' booty. I discovered a can of 18K gold paint in my craft cabinet. So these nuggets will actually be REAL Gold! They were so shiny when done, too!
These are going to be so cool for their friends to dig up and keep!
My kidlets got to work counting the gold nuggets....74 in all!

I created pirate maps over the weekend. I designed the details, colored and then printed them up. Then I dug out some photo antique ink and used a rag and water to age each of the pirate maps. Then we wrinkled them up really good and tied them with Raffia. Jackson and Jeremiah are thrilled with the effect!

They even feel like old maps. Pretty cool!


We also made pirate banks for each pirate friend to keep their gold coins and jewels inside.
Getting excited! "Drink up, Ye Hardies! Yo Ho!!"

No comments: