Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

March 10, 2007

An Artist Absolutely Arrives

Every day our sweet Jenna creates something artistic, whether it is painting, drawing, coloring, glueing, cutting paper, clay and playdoh, or sand art. She is always creating something unique and beautiful.

For her birthday, my dear, old friend Aeri, sent several packages filled with art goodies, like paint and paint cans, brushes, chalks, watercolor pencils, paper rolls, etc and an amazing wooden easel. Aeri could not have made Jenna any more happier than with all these amazing art supplies to express herself with.

Jackson and I put the easel together today and Jenna was beside herself with joy. She was so excited to have us hurry up and put it together that she made herself go outside and play in the sand with her toy dinosaurs and plastic animals until we were done. She really was amazingly patient. I was so proud of her, as usual.

Jackson, my young engineer, was a terrific help and we got the easel built pretty quickly. As soon as the paint was poured into the cans and the paper rolled out, she was right there painting....and smiling!


Jenna's "Blue Man Running into the Sky" painting.(Note: I created names for her paintings based on how they made me feel or think. When asked what her paintings are of, she always answers, "It's just my painting, that's all". So, for Jenna, she is just expressing herself. No need for names. But I'm enjoying coming up with them. hehe) This was her first painting on the new easel.

Just a photo of Jenna's focus and joy while painting.

Jenna's "Solar Winds" Painting

"Solar Winds" painting. I love the swirly, living colors and how the painting has such movement.

Jenna has been painting on construction paper for about a year, and I've always been impressed with her choice of colors and brush strokes. But to see her paintings on a surface as large as an easel, just excites me! The bigger her art is, the more expressive and the more alive it is!
This is Jenna's "Forest Dreams".

Jenna's "Sunshine"

Jenna mirroring her "Sunshine" Painting. Her beautiful smile is like the bright sunshine.

Jenna added a few strokes of sky to her sunshine.

Jax was on the other side chalking-it-up in his own artistic style. He said it was him wearing his 'Baseball Buster' shirt, where the baseball comes busting out of the shirt. Jax also wrote a sweet note to me at the top about how much he loves his Mama. (Aaaww, I love my Jackson boy, too!)

Jenna creating Chalk-Crop-Circles......(hehehe)

No comments: