Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

August 18, 2006

Australia Day~World Travelers Day


Sharon and I, with the help of her native Aussie husband organized this month's World Traveler's Day 'Aussie Day' for members of our homeschool co-op.
They brought a large map and flag of Australia, as well as some Aussie money. They also shared a favorite snack of those from down under: Vegemite on toast. Some of the kids liked it....most of the adults didn't. It was very salty and I don't see me rushing to eat more of Vegemite anytime soon.

Jenna preferred to create her didgeridoo art on her arms instead of the cardboard. Made sense to me, but probaby would have looked better if it had been permanant marker though. As it was, the stuff smeared all over her and me and was a blurry mess rather quickly. Maybe we will try Henna soon. I know she will like that.

The kids brought their passports and stamped their Australia pages with crocodiles or Oz sheep. I wore my old Docent Vest that I wore back when I was a volunteer for the Rio Grande Zoo. It truly felt like 'Coming Home' again wearing the zoo vest and walking about one of my favorite places to be in New Mexico.