Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

September 12, 2006

Kung Fu Girl and Manga



While I was knitting in a rocking chair, in the hallway of the hotel, another Fun Shop started nearby. Three teenaged Kung Fu instructors were warming up the children by running around and stretching. Jenna was so thrilled and just ran right in to join them. The teens were so welcoming to her and gave her some one on one instruction and made her giggle and have a great time with them learning some basic Kung Fu moves. Jenna's favorite activity was when they were counting off on different movements. She joined in counting all the way up to 10 with them. She seemed quite proud of herself, too.

Jackson and Jeremiah weren't able to join us this day (Saturday), as they had a baseball game at 1pm. Jenna and I didn't arrive at the conference until after 11am. I think the busyness of the conference days are finally catching up with us, too. Jenna and I didn't even wake up until 10:00 this morning. We almost decided to bag the conference this day, but I really wanted to do the Round Loom Knitting, and I also had to pick up our White Board that we had loaned to Joyce for the Manga drawing FunShop.....which speaking of which, I am very impressed and fascinated with Manga books now.

I knew Manga was Japanese animation, but had no idea the animations and stories are produced in paperback books that are perfect 'comic book style' layouts. It is so cool! I know my boys would just love these, too. They already look forward to their monthly Lego magazine arrival so they can read the Bionicles comic books portion completely!
These are comic books that we would enjoy reading together, and they come with a rating on the front, too.
The kids and I already enjoy Kiki the Witch animation and some of these books are very similar...as well as the artist who created them. We are going to look for the Anime book "My Neighbor Tutoro" and the Manga book, "Inuyasha" and "Card Captor Sakura". Joyce encouraged us to try these titles out for our first dips into Anime and Manga.
Joyce left some of her artistic drawings on our White Board, and the boys won't even let me erase it. They really like the style of Manga and are excited to read some of the comic books now. Me, too!