Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

Twinville Trekker's Stamping Adventures

September 17, 2006

My Birthday Card

Sharon picked out the most amazing card for my 40th birthday and had all the girls sign it. What made me ponder the reality that things in life happen for a reason and oftentimes if we only just stop and focus, we discover the certain something was placed there to open up our eyes to truth and wisdom.
This card was even more meaningful because of the theme of Maya Angelou's presentation on Rainbows the other night. And also because of the struggles that my family has gone through the past 2 years.
I'd like to share the words from this special card:

"I BELIEVE we are HERE
for a REASON.
As each DAY unfolds
we SEE less of the SHADOW
and more of the SUN."

Wow.....

And then Sharon also included some meaningful words of wisdom and included them on a slip of paper inside:

"My after forty face felt far more comfortable than anything I lived with previously. Self-confidance was a powerful beauty potion; I looked better because I felt better. Failure and grief as well as success and love had served me well. Finally, I was tapping into that most hard-won of youth dews: Wisdom." ~Nancy Collins

I feel so cared for and loved because my dear friends thought enough of me to place so much thought into these beautiful words of wisdom. My true gift this year.....these special friends of mine.